Benefits of Becoming a Fee-Per-Posting Subscriber
- Posting of eligible1 press releases on EurekAlert! eligible press releases will appear on both the EurekAlert! Web site and in customized e-mail alerts sent to registered reporters
- Access to a secure area for posting sensitive information exclusively for journalists, such as embargoed news about upcoming reports in peer-reviewed journals2
- Automatic archiving of all press releases in an easily retrievable system
- Audit reports indicating the number of viewings each of your news releases receives for months relevant to posting activity
- Links to your institution's home page and research publications
- Unlimited posting of eligible meetings, press conferences, and events on EurekAlert!'s Calendar
- Access to EurekAlert!'s Journal Directory, which features embargo policies, publication schedules, and chief contacts for more than 200 scientific journals
- Ability to post images, audio and video to EurekAlert!'s searchable Multimedia Gallery
1Material eligible for posting to EurekAlert! includes the following: research results published in peer-reviewed journals or reported at scientific meetings; science policy news; information about substantive scientific, medical, or technological research; news relating to the business or economics of science, and announcements about scientific press conferences, meetings, grants, awards, and newly published books.
EurekAlert! does not accept submissions concerning faculty appointments or administrative reports. AAAS has final authority over EurekAlert! content and screens all submissions for suitability. AAAS does not edit material posted to the system. Individual providers are responsible for the material they submit.
2EurekAlert! will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of this area and to make embargoed materials available only to reporters who have registered with EurekAlert! for access to such materials, but will not be responsible for breaches of such security or embargoes by reporters or others. Should EurekAlert! become aware of any actions that compromise the site's security or editorial integrity, EurekAlert! reserves the right to revoke posting privileges and/or access to the site and retain all fees paid in exchange for use of the site.
Sequential liability clauses will not be accepted.
- Posting of eligible experts in the Experts Database on EurekAlert!, which is available exclusively to reporters and public information officers registered with EurekAlert!
- Ability to include background information, contact details, multi-media resources, and other information about each expert you post
- Access to on-line forms which allow you to easily manage and update your experts' profiles on-line
EurekAlert! screens all submissions to the Experts Database, and has the authority to exclude experts who do not meet eligibility requirements. Requirements include, but are not limited to, recognition as a national or international expert; publication of seminal work in a particular field; performance of research which is frequently cited by other experts; and recent publication in a professional journal.
EurekAlert! may organize, categorize, index, display, transmit, and cause the retrieval of your materials as it chooses, but will not change the content of your submissions. EurekAlert! may also use and authorize the use of your institution's name and submitted materials through the EurekAlert! Web site and in related print and on-line materials.
Institutions that provide material to EurekAlert! assume sole responsibility for the content and agree to indemnify EurekAlert! for any damage or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from submitted material that is claimed to infringe copyrights, to be defamatory, or to violate privacy or other rights of any person or entity.