The National Science Board (NSB) will meet on Wednesday, August 20, and Thursday, August 21, 1997 at the National Science Foundation, Room 1235, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia. The sessions open to the public are scheduled for 2:15 p.m.-4:15 p.m. on Thursday, August 21.
Open session agenda items for August 21:
2:15 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
· Minutes, May, 1997 meeting
· Closed Session Agenda Items for October 1997
· Chairman's Report, Director's Report, Reports from Committees
2:45 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
· Industry Reliance on Publicly-Funded Research
- discussion of the concept for a companion piece to S&E Indicators
3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
· Federal Support for Scientific Research
- discussion of the working paper
3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
· Graduate Education
- framework for discussion at the NSB October off-site meeting, which will focus on graduate education.
4:00 p.m.-4:15 p.m.
· Other Business/Adjourn
A media availability with NSB Chairman Dick Zare and NSF Director Neal Lane will be held at 4:15 p.m. or immediately after the adjournment of open session -- whichever comes first -- in Conference Room 1280 (near the north elevators, 12th floor).